Wednesday 30 June 2010

Last R16 match. And a confession.

Yesterday saw the last R16 match and off we go to the quarterfinals.

We started the proceedings with Cote D'Ivoire (Flag) vs Spain (Alhambra). The Alhambra came up a bit dull and disappointing. The Flag had an agreeable fizziness and was tasty. So it was Cote D'Ivoire 5, Spain 3. Good bye Alhambra.

My personal favourite Slovakia (Zlaty Bazant! What a name! What a label!) then slugged it out with Cameroon (Castel). Close close close! In the end, Slovakia edged it 5-4. So a sad farewell to Castel.

I must admit that I have a confession to make. The Flag beer is an impostor. I had to look closely at the labels yesterday (I couldn't remember which beer was from Cameroon and which from Cote D'Ivoire). A very close inspection of the label has revealed that Flag is not, in fact, from Cote D'Ivoire at all. It is from Togo. From now on we will have to refer to it as Cote D'Ivoire (sub Flag from Togo). Apologies to all our readers.

We now have two rest days. I will do a quarterfinal preview on one day, and I hope to share with you Roddy's Cocktail Secrets on the other day. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment